Yesterday morning, I went on the walk with the girls and came home to discover that we had no electricity AGAIN! At least we had water though, so I shouldn’t complain! I was so glad when it came back on about an hour and a half later!
One of Phillip’s friends from classes had questioned him recently about me and what all I’m doing here. This girl’s boyfriend arrived Monday for a visit. He’s staying till sometime in May for sure, and possibly moving here! So I met with him yesterday afternoon and sort of explained how things work here for us. He’s interested in supply teaching also, so I told him about that process and what all we do here to occupy our time. Then we went for a walk and I showed him the stuff within walking distance around here…CIA, the little restaurants, and the different apartment complexes. He seems really nice.
I picked up Nick, Kristin, and Abby around 4:00. Nick and I have been meaning to play tennis forever, and finally got to! That was fun!!! Then we stopped at Food Express, a little grocery store in Maho, just to grab a few little things since we were so close.
Then I came home, fixed dinner, and got ready to go out! The spouses’ organization went out for St. Patrick’s day! We went to Sopranos, a piano bar in Maho. We picked up Scott and Willow and all rode together. I like how people carpool here! We should do more of that at home! There were lots of us at Sopranos!!! That’s such a neat little bar! Someone plays the piano and sings…I had never been to a piano bar before coming to St. Maarten. They’re pretty popular in big cities though. I had an apple martini and Phillip had a green beer! (Green thanks to Jill, who brought food coloring with her! Good thinking!! That was great!) It was fun getting together with all the couples!!! We didn’t get home till after 10:00 and I had to supply today, so wanted to go to bed early. (That’s why no blog last night!)
So supplying today went great! I had a 6th grade classroom and they were such nice kids! We got all the work done, and I was actually able to talk to them some and laugh with them. It’s so nice when you have a group like that! I really enjoyed them!
I was informed on Monday that I needed to bring tennis shoes with me to school today because I would be staying for an after school program as well. Apparently whenever a teacher is absent, if they had an after school program, the supply teacher has to cover it! Interesting! So I did a “Skipping” class. (Did you know that skipping means jumping rope???? Because I sure didn’t! The kids thought that was funny!) There was another teacher there also, and it turned out to be a lot of fun! I’m just glad I wasn’t the only teacher in charge of it, because I wouldn’t have had a clue what to do!
After work, I straightened the place up and made cupcakes. They were chocolate and had dark chocolate icing on them! We had invited a few friends over to play Wii. Only 3 ended up coming…the rest were home studying! It was a small group, but it was a great study break for them! And they loved the cupcakes! One of the guys was super excited about them…he said he hadn’t had homemade goodies in FOREVER! I think pretty much everyone had 3…me included! I should NOT admit that should I?!?!?
I got my textbooks in the mail today!!!! That is exciting and a little scary at the same time! Classes start April 1st! That will be here before I know it!!! I absolutely cannot believe how fast time is going!
One of Phillip’s friends from classes had questioned him recently about me and what all I’m doing here. This girl’s boyfriend arrived Monday for a visit. He’s staying till sometime in May for sure, and possibly moving here! So I met with him yesterday afternoon and sort of explained how things work here for us. He’s interested in supply teaching also, so I told him about that process and what all we do here to occupy our time. Then we went for a walk and I showed him the stuff within walking distance around here…CIA, the little restaurants, and the different apartment complexes. He seems really nice.
I picked up Nick, Kristin, and Abby around 4:00. Nick and I have been meaning to play tennis forever, and finally got to! That was fun!!! Then we stopped at Food Express, a little grocery store in Maho, just to grab a few little things since we were so close.
Then I came home, fixed dinner, and got ready to go out! The spouses’ organization went out for St. Patrick’s day! We went to Sopranos, a piano bar in Maho. We picked up Scott and Willow and all rode together. I like how people carpool here! We should do more of that at home! There were lots of us at Sopranos!!! That’s such a neat little bar! Someone plays the piano and sings…I had never been to a piano bar before coming to St. Maarten. They’re pretty popular in big cities though. I had an apple martini and Phillip had a green beer! (Green thanks to Jill, who brought food coloring with her! Good thinking!! That was great!) It was fun getting together with all the couples!!! We didn’t get home till after 10:00 and I had to supply today, so wanted to go to bed early. (That’s why no blog last night!)
So supplying today went great! I had a 6th grade classroom and they were such nice kids! We got all the work done, and I was actually able to talk to them some and laugh with them. It’s so nice when you have a group like that! I really enjoyed them!
I was informed on Monday that I needed to bring tennis shoes with me to school today because I would be staying for an after school program as well. Apparently whenever a teacher is absent, if they had an after school program, the supply teacher has to cover it! Interesting! So I did a “Skipping” class. (Did you know that skipping means jumping rope???? Because I sure didn’t! The kids thought that was funny!) There was another teacher there also, and it turned out to be a lot of fun! I’m just glad I wasn’t the only teacher in charge of it, because I wouldn’t have had a clue what to do!
After work, I straightened the place up and made cupcakes. They were chocolate and had dark chocolate icing on them! We had invited a few friends over to play Wii. Only 3 ended up coming…the rest were home studying! It was a small group, but it was a great study break for them! And they loved the cupcakes! One of the guys was super excited about them…he said he hadn’t had homemade goodies in FOREVER! I think pretty much everyone had 3…me included! I should NOT admit that should I?!?!?
I got my textbooks in the mail today!!!! That is exciting and a little scary at the same time! Classes start April 1st! That will be here before I know it!!! I absolutely cannot believe how fast time is going!
Phillip's shirt looks familiar! He bought that at the Nike store in Denver, right? Miss you guys!!!
ReplyDelete