Monday, March 16, 2009

Block 3 is over!

Phillip got up early today to study some more for Block 3. He had 4 exams today…that’s just too many for one day! The tests were tough today!!!! He is soooo glad they’re over now though!!!!

I got a phone call this morning about subbing today, from 11:00 – 2:30 for 11th grade. I was glad to start at 11:00 because that meant I could still go on the walk this morning. The walk was great…I had really missed it!

Subbing was not so great. I actually had one kid tell me it’s freedom of speech, he can talk if he wants to, and I can’t tell him to be quiet. SERIOUSLY?!?!? Boy these kids have a lot to learn! The money is nice and we certainly need it, but I can’t stand hearing kids cuss in class and act like that!

We walked to the beach this afternoon, but it was gloomy and rained off and on all day, so there was hardly anyone there! We decided it was too cold to get in the water, and came back. There were tons of students at BB’s, so we decided to stop for a drink. They had one dollar beer tonight because of block! Fun! Then we walked to Sugarcane Café for dinner. It’s a popular place for students, but we actually hadn’t eaten there before! It was pretty good! We would definitely go back again. We are both very tired tonight, so will probably head to bed early! Lots of students go out drinking on block night, but sleep sounds way better to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment