Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ladies' Night!
















I got up at 7:30 this morning like usual. I was debating if I should go on the walk or not. I have still been coughing lots…just can’t seem to get rid of this stupid cough! I got a new medicine yesterday. I didn’t take any last night though because the med has hydrocodone in it, which is supposed to knock people out. I’m backwards…figures! It has always made me hyper in the past and I stood no chance at all of sleeping when I took it! So I didn’t take it last night. I wanted to take it this morning though, and just wasn’t sure I should go on a 4.5 mile walk in case it affected me funny. So I took it and decided to lay back down because I was still really tired. Figured it would be nice if I could take a nap before it kicked in and made me hyper. Well apparently I outgrew that phase where it had the opposite effect on me. That stuff knocked me out!!!! I was asleep and awake off and on, but even when I was awake, I couldn’t open my eyes! It was the weirdest feeling! I was just totally out of it. The alarm went off at 11:00 and I had to force myself to get up and shower. Pretty funny since I expected it to make me hyper!

I subbed this afternoon for a 10th grade class. There were only 5 boys in it. They were fun! They played ball hockey most of the time. They got really hot and tired though. An hour and 20 minute class is a long time to be sprinting around outside in this heat!!!! So I let them just chill the last 15 or so minutes of class. They were good kids though!

Tonight was girls’ night! Alicia plans a girls’ night or girls’ day after every block! Tonight we went to Tijuana Yacht Club! Every Thursday they give free frozen margaritas and sangrias to the ladies!!! Sweet! The girls were wanting Phillip to be one of the drivers, so made him a member of the girls club! Haha! So he went to dinner with 7 girls tonight…7 girls who enjoyed free drinks! He’s such a trooper!!! They had tons of flavors of margaritas too! I tried the peach, prickly pear, and the raspberry. (And then maybe I had another peach because the waitress accidently brought some of the wrong flavor and said “someone will drink them!” So we did!) We even got drinks for the road! That’s right…it’s legal here. You can even drink and drive here! Bizarre!!!! We ordered a Corona to go too, so Phillip at least got one free drink! (Don't worry, he didn't drink it till we got home!) We have some fun pics!!! I’ll add them on tomorrow…

1 comment: