Well, Phillip headed off to his exams this morning. We were very anxious for them to be over! I enjoyed my walk this morning with the girls, while we all worried about our boys…
I got home, checked email, and discovered that CIA wanted me to supply this afternoon. I got there at 11:45, and found out I was going to be the high school French teacher! Interesting…I had a 9th grader ask me how I was going to teach them French if I didn’t speak French! My answer…”I have no idea!” This made them laugh at least. Actually the classes were really easy because they just had worksheets to do and I let them help each other. So that was no big deal! My 10th grade class was held in the library. The librarian told me that there’s a section of adult books that we can borrow “since books are so hard to get here on the island.” I was really excited about that!!!! I just got several books from another spouse, but will definitely keep that in mind later!
I got home at 2:35 and Phillip got home soon after. He was ready to go to the beach!!!!! His first test, he thought wasn’t bad. (Turns out he did fine on it, hooray!!) The anatomy test and lab exam were harder though and we don’t know the scores yet for those. He’s really glad they’re over and he’ll know what to expect from now on at least!!!!
The first semester students had the lab exam in the afternoon, but all the other students were done in the morning. When their test was over, they were told to all go to the Rotunda. The 2nd – 5th semester students were waiting there for them and clapping for them. What a cool tradition! None of the new students knew about this, so they were all really surprised! The school also had sub sandwiches, pasta salads, and sodas for the students! What a great treat! The students just grabbed food and took off, in a hurry to get to the beach! Phillip offered me his Dr. Pepper!!!!! I couldn’t take it from him though, because I knew it would be a treat for him too. (Dr. Pepper is my absolute favorite soda, and I’ve only had it once the whole time we’ve been here. It’s super expensive here for some strange reason.) Anyway, I did take a few drinks of his and it was soooo good! (And really sweet for him to try to give it to me!)
Then we went to the beach and it was crazy!!!! Tons of students were there, playing sand volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, football, throwing a tennis ball in the ocean, body surfing in the waves, and just hanging out! It was a lot of fun! We got Pizza Dan’s for dinner tonight. We had him leave the honey off of the student special (pepperoni pizza) for Phillip. He liked it a lot better this way! And I got a veggie pizza!!! Yummy! It was actually cheaper than the pepperoni believe it or not. I love veggie pizzas but hardly ever got them in the States because they’re more expensive there! There are a lot of odd flavors of pizzas there that I’d like to try. Think this may be our new favorite place around here!
Tonight we watched a movie on HBO! (It’s nice to have a million cable channels by the way!) And we drank a whole bottle of champagne!! Jane had one in the frig and said we could have it. It was even our favorite brand!!! YUM!!! Sure was nice to be able to goof off and hang out all afternoon/evening, and great for Phillip to not have to study!!!
I got home, checked email, and discovered that CIA wanted me to supply this afternoon. I got there at 11:45, and found out I was going to be the high school French teacher! Interesting…I had a 9th grader ask me how I was going to teach them French if I didn’t speak French! My answer…”I have no idea!” This made them laugh at least. Actually the classes were really easy because they just had worksheets to do and I let them help each other. So that was no big deal! My 10th grade class was held in the library. The librarian told me that there’s a section of adult books that we can borrow “since books are so hard to get here on the island.” I was really excited about that!!!! I just got several books from another spouse, but will definitely keep that in mind later!
I got home at 2:35 and Phillip got home soon after. He was ready to go to the beach!!!!! His first test, he thought wasn’t bad. (Turns out he did fine on it, hooray!!) The anatomy test and lab exam were harder though and we don’t know the scores yet for those. He’s really glad they’re over and he’ll know what to expect from now on at least!!!!
The first semester students had the lab exam in the afternoon, but all the other students were done in the morning. When their test was over, they were told to all go to the Rotunda. The 2nd – 5th semester students were waiting there for them and clapping for them. What a cool tradition! None of the new students knew about this, so they were all really surprised! The school also had sub sandwiches, pasta salads, and sodas for the students! What a great treat! The students just grabbed food and took off, in a hurry to get to the beach! Phillip offered me his Dr. Pepper!!!!! I couldn’t take it from him though, because I knew it would be a treat for him too. (Dr. Pepper is my absolute favorite soda, and I’ve only had it once the whole time we’ve been here. It’s super expensive here for some strange reason.) Anyway, I did take a few drinks of his and it was soooo good! (And really sweet for him to try to give it to me!)
Then we went to the beach and it was crazy!!!! Tons of students were there, playing sand volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, football, throwing a tennis ball in the ocean, body surfing in the waves, and just hanging out! It was a lot of fun! We got Pizza Dan’s for dinner tonight. We had him leave the honey off of the student special (pepperoni pizza) for Phillip. He liked it a lot better this way! And I got a veggie pizza!!! Yummy! It was actually cheaper than the pepperoni believe it or not. I love veggie pizzas but hardly ever got them in the States because they’re more expensive there! There are a lot of odd flavors of pizzas there that I’d like to try. Think this may be our new favorite place around here!
Tonight we watched a movie on HBO! (It’s nice to have a million cable channels by the way!) And we drank a whole bottle of champagne!! Jane had one in the frig and said we could have it. It was even our favorite brand!!! YUM!!! Sure was nice to be able to goof off and hang out all afternoon/evening, and great for Phillip to not have to study!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment