Friday January 16, 2009
UGH, it’s only 9:00 a.m. and it’s already been a rough morning…I got up a few minutes before Phillip this morning so I could shower before him and be ready to leave with him for campus at 7:30. I sleep on the side of the bed farthest from the stairs so that Phillip can come and go easier. There’s only about a foot of space in front of the bed and you have to duck while walking through there. It’s not exactly easy. Well I obviously wasn’t awake enough yet to do it this morning because I hit my head really hard. UGH!!!
Anyway, I got up early because I wanted to do laundry. We had heard that Phillip had to buy a laundry card in the cafeteria. So we figured if I went with him this morning, he’d buy it before class and then I could do laundry. (He has to wear the white coat every Monday – Thursday in lab, but they need it washed and ironed for tonight’s white coat ceremony.) So that was the plan…We gathered up laundry quickly and drove to school this morning so I wouldn’t have to carry laundry back. We got to the cafeteria and saw a sign that laundry cards can only be bought after 10:00. We asked anyway, and thank goodness the lady was nice to us and went ahead and sold us one! So I wandered over to the dorms, explored till I found the laundry room, went back to the car to get the laundry, lugged it all up to the second floor, and spread it out on the table to divide it into loads. AFTER doing all that I realized (IDIOT!!!!!!) that I’d forgotten laundry detergent!!!! Only me…seriously! I was NOT HAPPY with myself! I didn’t really want to leave all the clothes here unattended. So I packed them all back in the laundry bags, went back to the car, and drove home to get it! (Jane left some cans of Pepsi Max, along with some food for us. I’ve had a couple Pepsi’s, but had decided to save them for when I needed caffeine…I decided today I did!!!) So I grabbed the laundry detergent and a Pepsi, drove back to school, lugged everything upstairs again, and started laundry. So now I’m typing while they’re washing. I have 3 loads washing at $4.00 each!!!! Then will have to dry them at $2.00 each. That’s right…$18 dollars to do 3 loads of laundry. This is insane!!!!
Oh by the way, remember how school warned us to ask if places had screens on their windows because ants are bad??? THIS is the first place I’ve seen that has ants, and no screens on the windows!!!! Ironic????
No comments:
Post a Comment