This morning was great! I went to Mullet Bay Beach and met the girls for Beach Bootcamp!!!! One of the spouses was leading the class (she’s really good too!) and there were 12 of us spouses doing the class. It was only $2.00 per person and was totally worth it. I was actually nervous about going, since I hadn’t worked out in so long. I was fine though, but I bet I’m sore tomorrow!!!! There’s just something about working out while on a beach that makes it sooo much more pleasant! What a view! I had sand everywhere by the time we were finished though…seriously took a towel and wiped off before going inside! Pretty funny. Oh, speaking of funny…there was a totally naked guy right behind us the whole time!!!! A topless lady too, but that doesn’t faze me as much already. This is a topless beach, not the nude beach…apparently he had his beaches mixed up! We were cracking up about it. One girl even got a pic and sent it to all of us! What an audience! Hahaha! There were 6 ladies at the beach that joined in for about 20 minutes or so…that was pretty funny too! They weren’t quite brave enough to join our group, so stood over to the side a little! 4.5 mile walk tomorrow morning, Beach Bootcamp Thursday morning, 4.5 mile walk again Friday morning. I like this tradition. (Next week she’s doing a “Butts and Guts” class!)
DAMN car won’t start again…sorry for the language, but seriously, I HATE this car!!! We realized it hadn’t been driven for 3 days, so figured I better go drive it. Nothing…no sounds at all, doesn’t even try to start. Totally dead!!! This is after spending $160 dollars a couple weeks ago for a new battery and to fix the short that was draining the battery. Honestly, we’d be better off without a car. Can’t rely on the one we have. At least if we didn’t have one, we’d know ahead of time that we needed to figure out a way to get somewhere…
We arrived 3 weeks ago today. Guess that means I made it exactly 3 weeks without breaking down…Yeah, I admit it…I lost it today. Just frustrated about the car and wishing I’d brought some things I didn’t bring, or more of some things. I figured it wouldn’t be any big deal, I could just wash stuff more often or buy here. Wrong! Laundry is about impossible and way too expensive to do when you just have small loads…so not worth it. I can wash stuff by hand, but then there’s no place to dry it in this tiny little apartment. I miss Walmart/Target/Kohls/Mall…anywhere really. It would be so nice to be able to go anywhere shopping. I have no clue of any store I could even go to get clothes or a swimsuit. How weird is that…there must be some???? Well there is this mall on the French side, but I’m sure we can’t afford anything in it! Also we’re basically out of food and now the stupid car died, so I can’t drive to buy any!!!!!
OK, I’m typing this part later in the evening. I fully intended to delete that last paragraph and not even post it. I really just typed it because it made me feel better to complain. But now I’m thinking about it and figure I might as well type the bad with the good. Otherwise the blog wouldn’t seem fair. I’m sure there will be rougher spots than this one! Also, I was planning to go grocery shopping soon and had invited a couple friends (2 other new girls) to go along. One of them doesn’t have a car, the other I wasn’t sure about. Well turns out, she does have a car, and offered to drive, even before she found out about our car being dead! Yeah!!! So we will have more food again soon, which is definitely good! Plus I think Mom and Dad are going to send a package soon with some things we wish we would have brought!!!! Hooray!
OK, time to read the Bible and go to bed. I need more sleep tonight!!!
Sending lots of hugs to you!!!! Unfortunately, you'll probably have more of those moments for a little while. I can remember breaking down over something stupid (like going to buy make-up and they didn't have the kind I use) and then later realizing it was more about missing family and missing "home". I'm proud of you for making it three weeks. My first breakdown was the same day Mom and Dad left Colorado! =) Love ya! BTW...too funny about the naked guy!
ReplyDelete