Monday, January 12, 2009

We're no longer homeless!

Monday January 12, 2009

Hi everyone!!! Yesterday was quite a day! (We started off the day in the hot tub, which was nice! Figured we should take advantage of it since it was our last day to be able to. It was actually raining when we got in, but stopped right away.) We met Jane in the morning to get the keys and go over a few things for the apartment. We went back to the resort to kill a little time and have lunch. Then we loaded up the backseat and took off for the apartment! We unloaded the backseat and everything that Tara had left for us in the trunk, then went back for another load. The big suitcases and the stuff from the frig were in this load. We got almost everything this time. It was not very much fun bringing the huge, heavy suitcases up three flights of stairs!!!! We got so hot unpacking and making trips upstairs! The 3rd load all we had was hanging clothes and a couple little bags. We checked out at this time too. (We probably could have made it in 2 trips, but didn’t really want to leave our car stuffed full while we checked out in case it took awhile.) It was about 4:00 by the time we got to the apartment to stay. We spent the rest of the evening organizing and unpacking.

Our bedroom is actually a loft above the living room. When I was unpacking, I hit my head up there! Not very hard at all though…didn’t really even hurt. But yikes it’s low, if I’m even hitting my head. I’m short and can’t quite stand up straight up there! A little later, Phillip went up and I heard this terrible crash!!! He hit his head really hard!!! I was really worried about him. It hurt for a long time but finally Tylenol (extra strength, rapid release…love that stuff…works so much faster than normal tylenol!) kicked in and really helped him. Today he has a little knot there and it’s red even! His hair covers it though…you have to actually look for it to be able to see it. We will definitely have to be careful up there!!!!!

Phillip got our internet hooked up and set up Vonage for us!!!!! Vonage is amazing!!!!!!!!!! We picked Evansville as our “home,” which means we have an Evansville phone number. We bought the Vonage package and a cordless phone at Circuit City before coming here, hoping it would work. Sure enough, works great!!!! So we have an Evansville phone number!!!! This means people can call us from cell phones and not pay $2.50 a minute, like you would if calling us on our island cell phones! It also means we can call anywhere in the U.S. We pay one monthly price for unlimited use. Amazing! We each called parents and I finally got to talk to my seeeester too! Phillip also reached his brother! Fun to talk to family!!!!! If anyone wants the number, just email me to ask for it. (I don’t want to put it on here where any random person could find it.) (NOTE – no one is allowed to call past 9:30 our time unless it’s an emergency! That’s weird with the time difference, I know. Thanks!!!)

I need to spend time cleaning today!!! I want to clean the kitchen especially, before we start cooking here. I wouldn’t say it’s dirty really…just hasn’t been used much for a long time. So I want to make sure it’s clean. Then I will take pics to send out. We took a bunch yesterday, but I decided I’d rather send pics that show our stuff here.

We were very glad to have the bedspread and not just sheets. However, we realized we have no pillows!!! So we put little square pillows in the pillow cases, but that just wasn’t the same! Neither of us slept great. Of course, the garbage truck that scared us awake at 5:00, right outside our windows didn’t help any either. We were pretty much wide awake after that! We did fall back asleep finally though, and got up at 7:00. Phillip left a little after 7:30. He only has like a 3 minute walk now, which is awesome! He can sleep a little later here, and still get there early! (You have to get there early to get a good seat! Some of the girls get there at 7:30 every morning to make sure they get the first row! Crazy huh?!? Phillip is usually in the second row, sometimes third.)

Ok time to shower, then I believe I’m going to venture out this morning. I want to go to Cost U Less (on the other side of the island!!!) to buy pillows, hand towels, toilet paper, paper towels, Britta water filters, etc. Fun stuff! I’ll post again later today with news on shopping and pictures of the apartment! (ISLAND – that still sounds funny to me. Can you believe we live on an island?!?!?!?)

Love and miss you all!!!!

2 comments:

  1. It was great to talk to you yesterday!!!! Glad you're in the new place. Do we need to get a football helmet for Phillip to wear in the loft so he won't hurt his head? Love ya guys!=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but it has to be a Colts one. (from Phillip)

    ReplyDelete