Sunday, January 18, 2009












I don’t know, but perhaps it will become a habit to quote something from a forward…here’s another I love!

“Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.”

We certainly have a lot to be thankful for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phillip had a practice Anatomy Exam this morning. They hadn’t even covered a lot of the material yet, but the purpose was just so they’d know what to expect later. Phillip did better than what they said would be good, according to what they should know so far. So that was good news! It took 3 hours!!!! Craziness!!!

When he got home, we had a quick lunch and finally WENT TO THE BEACH!!!!! We went to Mullet Bay, the one that is walking distance from us. This is probably the most popular beach on the island (one of them for sure) and we hadn’t been yet, so we were very excited to get to go finally! It was really nice! We played in the waves for over 2 hours! A lot of the time we couldn’t touch bottom, so probably got a pretty good workout! There were several other first semester students there as well. I think they all needed a break after the 3 hour practice exam!!!! The beach was really pretty! The ocean must have gotten the best of me though…I was so hungry when we got back I thought I might pass out if I didn’t eat soon (ok maybe I’m exaggerating, but I was soooo hungry) and now I’m so tired that I’m thinking of going to bed super early! Pretty funny!!!!

Oh, tomorrow morning (as long as I don’t have to supply) I’m going to meet the girls at 8:30 to go for a walk. They walk 4.5 miles every single weekday!!! I think this would be a good habit to get into!!!! There’s a beach boot camp workout class on Tuesday morning that sounds really neat though…just like when you see workouts on TV, right by the ocean! I’m not sure I’m in good enough shape to be able to survive an hour of that though…but it sounds neat! I also found a spouse here who plays tennis!!! Hooray!!!! She has 2 kids though, so probably not much free time…but hopefully we can play sometime!

By the way, if I’m ever chatting with you or talking on the phone with you and all of I sudden I disappear or “hang up” on you…don’t be offended! The internet goes out frequently here!!!!

I’ve decided I couldn’t live without a Brita water pitcher!!! Thank goodness that thing works fast too! I bet I fill it up 3 or 4 times every day! (They say the tap water is safe here…but no one drinks it without filtering it, so I don’t know what’s up with that. I figure better safe than sorry. There’s no way we could afford bottled water here though…it costs a fortune!!! Plus I drink a lot of water! So this works great!!) We even use the filtered water to pour in the ice cube trays and to make kool aid!
PICS - Mullet Bay beach...this is the one we can see from our balcony. The golf course is what we walk across to get to the beach! Hehe! This is our apartment pool and our balcony finally...I kept forgetting to post a pic of it. It's really long, but only half would show in the pic. There are just some shells and then our door on the other half of the balcony...

1 comment:

  1. Man, I bet it's really hard to live there..very bland scenery and horrible weather. HAHA! You're not going to want to go back to Indiana after living there. Love ya guys!

    ReplyDelete