Thursday January 15, 2009
We had a couple of rebates to mail and had read that we could mail things from campus with US stamps. Well, AUC stopped doing that. That’s too bad! So the only place to mail things is from the Mailbox in Simpson Bay. So I went there this morning. I had a US stamp on each already, which they said was fine. Then I was also charged 95 cents each to ship them to the US. So we think they ship them to Florida, then get post marked from Florida maybe. Crazy!
Then I went to the car insurance place again. (Phillip and I had tried a couple weeks ago, but needed something from Tara saying she was transferring insurance to us.) So now that we had her letter, I wanted to try again. I was also prepared with my printed copies of the emails from insurance at home, stating our “safe driving record.” This was supposed to save us money. Turns out, the paper has to be signed…could then be scanned and emailed, faxed, or whatever. So I called the Insurance place at home and thank goodness they were able to fax it…it saved us 50%!!! Tara’s policy was good through August, so when applied it toward our year, it put $115 toward ours. Then I only owed $39 more for the rest of the year…nice! (However, I was there for over 2 hours!!!!!! Whoa, things just don’t work the same way they do in the US!!!)
I cooked dinner again tonight…second night in a row! It’s so nice to have a real kitchen to cook in again…even if it is TINY!
I’m so proud of my friend Sara from college! She will be running a marathon on Sunday!!!! This is her first marathon and she’s doing it to raise money “to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives.” Her goal was to raise $3,800 dollars!!!!! Right now her page shows $3,396.11 raised. I just talked to her though and she said that once all the money posts, she should be within $75 of her goal. Amazing!!! (Here’s her website if anyone wants to help her out, or just read about it…it’s neat to read! I donated online too…it’s a safe site.) http://pages.teamintraining.org/wi/pfchangs09/ssvendsen
Phillip’s going to take a break from studying tonight at 10:00 our time, so we can watch CSI. This is going to be a sad one!!!!! Can’t wait to see it though!
No comments:
Post a Comment