I met the girls for the walk again this morning. It was nice, but we got rained on!!! The rain actually felt really good though because it was hot and humid this morning!!
Hetal came around 2:15 and used our phone to make a U.S. phone call. It’s so nice to have a phone! Then we went to see her apartment…nice and definitely bigger than ours!!! Then we went to pick up Alicia and head toward shopping. We went to Kwik Bargains first. I got pot holders and kitchen dish towels. I wanted a skillet, so was checking out prices for them. The small ones were 8 dollars, but looked a little too tiny. So I had pretty much decided on a medium sized one for 12 dollars. Then I noticed a set of three, on sale. The biggest one had the handle broken off, so they were marked down to $9.50!!!! I was pretty excited because the medium and small ones were totally fine! So I got the “broken” set! Pretty funny huh?!? I also bought a bathroom scale. First waste of money here, I suppose. But I used the scale all the time at home, and it was killing me not to be able to here. I felt like I’d lost weight, and then pretty much confirmed that today when I had to wear a belt to keep my shorts from falling down!!! Sure enough, I’ve lost 9 pounds!!!! Phillip has lost 12! Crazy huh!!! I’m pretty sure I’ll lose more as time goes on. We’re not eating junk food, not snacking between meals, and not eating as much as we used to even for meals probably. Phillip has cut way back on sodas, and I’ve almost stopped drinking them entirely. I drink tons of water now. Phillip is walking back and forth to school several times a day and I’m finally working out again. Crazy how hard I thought I tried sometimes at home, but stuff was just too tempting. Here I’m not even trying, and losing lots! (Not that I’m complaining, trust me!!!!)
Next we went to Cost U Less and stocked up on groceries! Then crossed the street to Le Grand Marche for a few little things that weren’t at Cost U Less. You should have seen the three of us and all of our stuff!!!!!! Hetal’s little SUV was totally stuffed! Alicia and I were even holding things during the ride home! Pretty funny!!!! Her car kept stalling on the way home! Not good! It would start ok again though after being turned off. Guess it’s pretty normal here to have car issues…we aren’t the only ones! They are definitely "island cars!!!" She’s going to call Charles, our mechanic. Looks like we need to call him back too since he hasn’t returned our call yet…fun stuff!
Oh, so on the drive home, Hetal pointed out a group and said “well you can tell they’re tourists! We used to be like that too…last week!” Too funny!!!!!
Phillip just asked me what I have planned for tomorrow. My answer: Boot Camp at 9:00! And Burrito making (for a fund raiser for the spouse’s club) Friday at 10:00. His response to my answer:
“You’ve got it rough!” hehehe :-)
Don't you love finding good deals??
ReplyDelete