Tuesday January 13, 2009
So I made it to the stores by myself yesterday morning! I admit I was dreading it a little…going all the way over there by myself. Phillip said he should have knows pillows would make me venture out quickly! (I’m OC about pillows…can’t stand when they go flat, so buy new ones way more than most people probably. That may have to change now…I’ll just be glad to have a pillow!!!)
So I stopped first at Kooyman, a hardware store. I needed glue because one of my brown sandals fell apart. Hopefully the glue will be strong enough to hold it together! Then I went to Cost U Less, where I bought all kinds of stuff…pillows, small vacuum cleaner, Britta filters, toilet paper, paper towels, hand towels, lots of boxes of juice, hot dogs, ground beef, and bread. They were out of 2 liters, so I went across the street to another grocery store called Le Grand Marche. I got a couple 2 liters of Coke and some canned veggies. Then I drove home…headed through Simpson Bay around 11:20. I got really lucky because I think the bridge opens around 11:30, so I could have been stuck there for a couple hours! That would have been awful! Then I spent the afternoon cleaning and straightening up around here.
Phillip’s lab was interesting. They started dissecting a cadaver yesterday. They started with the back. He says it’s very interesting and you can see the muscles really well. It didn’t bother him at all…I think working as an EMT prepared him well for things like this! (The professor was really nice though…he had told them all if it started to bother them, just to step out for a few minutes, get some fresh air, and return when they were ready. One person from Phillip’s group did this, and then was fine the rest of the time too.) I would have probably passed out!!!!
Phillip had a meeting at 5:00. He joined AMSA…American Medical Student Association. They gave him a cool shirt! It’s dark blue and has AMSA on the front with a palm tree and AUC on the back. It’s his first AUC shirt! We really like it! Then he went to hear a guest speaker (a doctor) at 6:00 and went to a study session from 7:00-9:00. Oh and he had pizza and a mini sub at the meetings, so was excited about that!
I spent the evening cleaning and talking on the phone…hehehe! I love Vonage! Then I spent some time on the computer…updating my resume! I printed a copy of the resume and a copy of my teacher’s license.
Oh, I also started reading Midnight Sun yesterday. Sara sent me the link for it. It’s basically the first Twilight book, but it’s told from Edward’s point of view. It’s on the author's website…here’s the link.
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
It’s a rough draft, but still fun to read! I’m hooked already and I’m only on page 30!
Tuesday morning – Ok, so this morning I made myself get dressed up and went to CIA (Caribbean International Academy). I took my resume and license and introduced myself to the Principal and Vice Principal. I told them I’d like to be a supply teacher (substitute teacher). They were very nice and the school seems great. Here’s the link if you want to check it out. http://www.carib-international.org/
I think it will be fun to supply there, but I’m dreading it at the same time. After having my own classroom for so long, the thought of subbing actually scares me a little…going into lots of different classrooms, following their plans, not knowing anyone…geez it’s like I’m in college again subbing…I think it’ll be great though once I get used to it. It’s also about a three or four minute walk from here. It will be nice to walk to work! (They pay subs $50 a day usually, but since I’m a teacher, I will get $75 a day. Not bad!) Wonder how soon they’ll call…
This afternoon I cleaned more and put the rest of the stuff away, then sat on the balcony reading till Phillip got home from lab. Then we decided to go out for pizza tonight for dinner! (This was our first time going out to eat, just the 2 of us!) We walked to a Pizzeria close by and shared a brick oven pepperoni pizza. It was yummy! Then we walked into the casino which was basically attached. This is the Atlantis Casino…we hadn’t been there yet. We like this one better than the first one! Now back home and Phillip is studying for the night. I took some pics finally. The place is finally organized better. Keep in mind when looking at pics that there are NO closets! So that explains clothes in random places that you wouldn’t expect. It’s actually working out pretty well so far though. Not sure if I’ll post kitchen pics…nothing special there, just mini sized frig and stove, plain brown sink, and thank goodness some storage shelves for food and stuff. Oh and a new microwave!
So I made it to the stores by myself yesterday morning! I admit I was dreading it a little…going all the way over there by myself. Phillip said he should have knows pillows would make me venture out quickly! (I’m OC about pillows…can’t stand when they go flat, so buy new ones way more than most people probably. That may have to change now…I’ll just be glad to have a pillow!!!)
So I stopped first at Kooyman, a hardware store. I needed glue because one of my brown sandals fell apart. Hopefully the glue will be strong enough to hold it together! Then I went to Cost U Less, where I bought all kinds of stuff…pillows, small vacuum cleaner, Britta filters, toilet paper, paper towels, hand towels, lots of boxes of juice, hot dogs, ground beef, and bread. They were out of 2 liters, so I went across the street to another grocery store called Le Grand Marche. I got a couple 2 liters of Coke and some canned veggies. Then I drove home…headed through Simpson Bay around 11:20. I got really lucky because I think the bridge opens around 11:30, so I could have been stuck there for a couple hours! That would have been awful! Then I spent the afternoon cleaning and straightening up around here.
Phillip’s lab was interesting. They started dissecting a cadaver yesterday. They started with the back. He says it’s very interesting and you can see the muscles really well. It didn’t bother him at all…I think working as an EMT prepared him well for things like this! (The professor was really nice though…he had told them all if it started to bother them, just to step out for a few minutes, get some fresh air, and return when they were ready. One person from Phillip’s group did this, and then was fine the rest of the time too.) I would have probably passed out!!!!
Phillip had a meeting at 5:00. He joined AMSA…American Medical Student Association. They gave him a cool shirt! It’s dark blue and has AMSA on the front with a palm tree and AUC on the back. It’s his first AUC shirt! We really like it! Then he went to hear a guest speaker (a doctor) at 6:00 and went to a study session from 7:00-9:00. Oh and he had pizza and a mini sub at the meetings, so was excited about that!
I spent the evening cleaning and talking on the phone…hehehe! I love Vonage! Then I spent some time on the computer…updating my resume! I printed a copy of the resume and a copy of my teacher’s license.
Oh, I also started reading Midnight Sun yesterday. Sara sent me the link for it. It’s basically the first Twilight book, but it’s told from Edward’s point of view. It’s on the author's website…here’s the link.
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html
It’s a rough draft, but still fun to read! I’m hooked already and I’m only on page 30!
Tuesday morning – Ok, so this morning I made myself get dressed up and went to CIA (Caribbean International Academy). I took my resume and license and introduced myself to the Principal and Vice Principal. I told them I’d like to be a supply teacher (substitute teacher). They were very nice and the school seems great. Here’s the link if you want to check it out. http://www.carib-international.org/
I think it will be fun to supply there, but I’m dreading it at the same time. After having my own classroom for so long, the thought of subbing actually scares me a little…going into lots of different classrooms, following their plans, not knowing anyone…geez it’s like I’m in college again subbing…I think it’ll be great though once I get used to it. It’s also about a three or four minute walk from here. It will be nice to walk to work! (They pay subs $50 a day usually, but since I’m a teacher, I will get $75 a day. Not bad!) Wonder how soon they’ll call…
This afternoon I cleaned more and put the rest of the stuff away, then sat on the balcony reading till Phillip got home from lab. Then we decided to go out for pizza tonight for dinner! (This was our first time going out to eat, just the 2 of us!) We walked to a Pizzeria close by and shared a brick oven pepperoni pizza. It was yummy! Then we walked into the casino which was basically attached. This is the Atlantis Casino…we hadn’t been there yet. We like this one better than the first one! Now back home and Phillip is studying for the night. I took some pics finally. The place is finally organized better. Keep in mind when looking at pics that there are NO closets! So that explains clothes in random places that you wouldn’t expect. It’s actually working out pretty well so far though. Not sure if I’ll post kitchen pics…nothing special there, just mini sized frig and stove, plain brown sink, and thank goodness some storage shelves for food and stuff. Oh and a new microwave!
PICS - The first 2 pics show both sides of the bedroom. The third shows the loft, which is where the bedroom is. The next 2 show the main room...the TV area which is to the right as you come in the door. The other shows the view of the whole room from the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment