Wednesday January 14, 2008
Clarification: about the apartment pics…I should have explained that the apartment was furnished. All of the furniture, rugs, decorations…everything was already here! Nice huh?!? (Also in case you noticed the tons of bottles of alcohol…no, we didn’t suddenly become alcoholics…they actually belong to the landlady and she’s planning to get them out in February. Just figured I better explain that! They aren’t super noticeable…wonder if anyone noticed???)
I was lazy this morning…read Midnight Sun for awhile before doing anything really. Then I made some flashcards for Phillip. I was drawing the structure of stuff…no clue what any of it even meant, so had to be very careful that I did each one just like it was in the book. It was pretty funny! After his classes, we sorted through and cleaned up some more stuff in the kitchen. We’re so excited that there’s a George Foreman here!!!! We really missed ours already! I made grilled cheese sandwiches on it for lunch. (Grilled cheese is the best when made on a George!!!!)
Random story for the day: I bought an ankle bracelet when we were on vacation in Wisconsin this past summer. It’s the kind you tie on and are supposed to leave on for good luck till it falls off on its own. Well, I’ve had it on this whole time. Dumb as it is, it did feel lucky. (Tease me all you want, I deserve it! But so many unbelievable things have fallen into place the past few months…I know there’s a better reason…God was looking out for us!!!!!!) Anyway, it was starting to look pretty bad. At home, it didn’t matter since no one saw it since I wore pants all the time. But now it showed all the time. So I tugged on it last night and it broke off. Hope our luck doesn’t change. ;-) I must admit it feels really weird without it though…it’s been on for a long time now!!!
I spent a couple hours at the pool today. The raft from the AUC sale is great!!! I read my last magazine while there. It was nice to relax there…can’t believe it took me this long to check out the pool actually! I was just too busy before! (I had the pool to myself at first, then a topless lady came pretty soon! I still cannot get used to this! Lol!!!)
I signed up to go to the Welcome Breakfast for the Spouses club. It’s Saturday morning. Megan offered to pick me up, which is great because I don’t know where the place is! She’s wonderful!
Friday night is Phillip’s White Coat Ceremony. Hooray! I will take and post lots of pics!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment