Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice Storm

Yikes, lots of ice and snow at home, and tons of people without power. Apparently 60,000 or so homes have no power in Evansville…that could have been us. This makes me very grateful for the weather here, but I feel a little guilty too!

I went with Phillip this afternoon to campus so we could get my spouse’s ID. (He had to sign for me!!) They took my picture and said I can pick up the ID tomorrow. Having an ID is good because you get discounts at some places. Cool! Then I went to the fitness center since I didn’t exercise this morning. The fitness center is pretty nice and I’ve heard that a lot of the equipment is new too! There are treadmills, bikes, weight machines, and free weights. I just used a treadmill today, walked one mile and jogged one mile. I switched back and forth though, didn’t jog the mile straight. Trying to break myself in slowly…haha! The gym was air conditioned and it felt sooo good! The treadmills have fans built in that blow cool air on your face! That was so neat and felt great while jogging! Pretty cool!

Ok back to my book. I’m reading “Eyes of a Child.” It’s probably not a book I’d have picked out to read at home, but it is good. I’m definitely hooked, so anxious to keep reading now…

No comments:

Post a Comment