Thursday, January 22, 2009

Topless at the Beach

I had Beach Boot Camp again this morning! I probably should have explained this better…Beach Boot Camp is just a workout class really, but it's literally in the sand, right on the beach! We took our beach towels even to use like exercise mats. Cardio and strength, stretches, pushups, crunches, etc. I was worried originally that it might be too much, but Tuesday went just fine. Today however, was hard!!!!! Everyone thought so though, not just me! You should have seen my face…bright red!!! And I was covered in sweat and sand…hilarious! It was fun though!

Phillip did well on his first med school quiz! Hooray, the first one is over! He has “Block 1” on Monday, which means a test in each class!!! He’ll be glad when that is over. Lots of studying this weekend!!! (As far as grades, 70 is passing, so that’s what they tell you to aim for. If you have an 83 average by your last semester, you’re in the Honors Society!)

I stocked up on shelf milk at Cost U Less yesterday because it’s a lot cheaper there. I hadn’t had that brand before, so was anxious to try it since I bought 6 boxes. (one liter in each box) I tried it this morning and was so excited when I poured it…it was actually the right color! The other stuff we had was more tan than white. It tastes better too!!! I also bought turkey yesterday and we had turkey sandwiches for lunch today!!!! Never thought we’d be so excited about a turkey sandwich! It was soooo good though! Just as we finished eating, the TV went off. Phillip looked at me, like what did you do? I hadn’t done anything though…no electricity again!!! It’s so weird how that happens often here!

So this afternoon I met Willow and Alicia and we went to the beach for two and a half hours!!! It was great…so relaxing. The waves were huge today though!!! It was crazy! We were wading in to cool off at one point and I wanted to go in farther…so I was standing with the water past my waist. All of a sudden this huge wave came at me. It was seriously several feet over my head!! Bad news…it knocked me down and sent me flying toward shore and my top came up! I yanked it back down very quickly and no one saw luckily!!!! Not that it would have mattered there anyway since it’s a topless beach! So now I’ve officially had my first experience topless!!!! (Even though it was only like 2 seconds…hehehe!) I wasn’t the only one that lost swimwear by accident today. Some dude close by lost his swim trunks and was frantically yanking them up, then tied his strings super tight to try to hold them up! Never know what to expect here…

No comments:

Post a Comment