Saturday January 17, 2009
I saw the cutest thing yesterday in a forward…a pic of a person hugging their computer. It said “I love my computer because my friends are in it!” I know the feeling completely!!!!!
So I finally finished laundry yesterday! I really felt like I had accomplished something afterwards…pathetic huh?!? Then I ironed Phillip’s clothes and white coat. Most people didn’t iron them…I didn’t figure they would because there’s no way most people even have irons. But still glad I did since they were told to!
So last night went really well! The white coat ceremony was really nice, but long! It lasted a little over 2 hours. There are 96 people in Phillip’s class. They called each person’s name and then the student walked across the stage, where a professor “robed” them in their white coats. Then they shook hands and walked off the stage. I couldn’t get great pics from where I was sitting, but will post what I have. I got a good one after though!!!
AUC had reserved Bliss, a night club, for the night. So everyone went there after. It was for the whole school and families, not just first semesters. It was packed. They had it catered and had pretty good food. Then at 11:30, it opened back up to the public. This night club is really neat, and a very popular place. It’s right on the ocean!!!! The ocean wall forms the edge of the club. You look over the wall and see rocks and waves. Nice! It was fun…we actually stayed till almost midnight! Definitely a neat place to take visitors to…
Speaking of visitors, we’d love for you to come visit!!!!!! We have a pull out couch, or you could bring an air mattress in your suitcase! Plane tix aren’t exactly cheap, I know, but having a free place to stay would definitely help!!!!! We hope people take advantage of this while we’re here!!!! We definitely hope to have lots of visitors!!!! (And that will help keep me from getting homesick!!!) And it’s never too soon. Actually I’m doing nothing most of the time now, so would be totally free if people come. As time goes on, I may actually be working more. Starting over the summer, there’s a chance I could work some on campus. There’s always a chance I could teach next school year too…but who knows…Anyway, just check the time with us before booking the flights. (The only times that wouldn’t be good are right before exams, which happen once a month approx.)
This morning was the welcome breakfast for the spouses. There were a bunch of people there!!!! It was fun and great to meet everyone!!! Someone took a pic of us all and plans to email us later I believe. I’ll try to post it at some point. All the girls have these cute little sundresses. I definitely don’t have the right kind of clothes for here. Shopping trip?!?!? (Yeah right, I’m a bargain shopper even at home…it would kill me to pay the prices here. Guess I’ll have to wait for the next trip home and then go!)
So I was laying on the bed (right in front of the huge fan) typing this and chatting with Mom and Sara. Then the electricity went out!!!!! No fan, no internet, no phone since phone runs through internet. So they probably wondered what in the world happened to me. This is a pretty normal thing here apparently…oh well, I’ll post when it’s back on!
I saw the cutest thing yesterday in a forward…a pic of a person hugging their computer. It said “I love my computer because my friends are in it!” I know the feeling completely!!!!!
So I finally finished laundry yesterday! I really felt like I had accomplished something afterwards…pathetic huh?!? Then I ironed Phillip’s clothes and white coat. Most people didn’t iron them…I didn’t figure they would because there’s no way most people even have irons. But still glad I did since they were told to!
So last night went really well! The white coat ceremony was really nice, but long! It lasted a little over 2 hours. There are 96 people in Phillip’s class. They called each person’s name and then the student walked across the stage, where a professor “robed” them in their white coats. Then they shook hands and walked off the stage. I couldn’t get great pics from where I was sitting, but will post what I have. I got a good one after though!!!
AUC had reserved Bliss, a night club, for the night. So everyone went there after. It was for the whole school and families, not just first semesters. It was packed. They had it catered and had pretty good food. Then at 11:30, it opened back up to the public. This night club is really neat, and a very popular place. It’s right on the ocean!!!! The ocean wall forms the edge of the club. You look over the wall and see rocks and waves. Nice! It was fun…we actually stayed till almost midnight! Definitely a neat place to take visitors to…
Speaking of visitors, we’d love for you to come visit!!!!!! We have a pull out couch, or you could bring an air mattress in your suitcase! Plane tix aren’t exactly cheap, I know, but having a free place to stay would definitely help!!!!! We hope people take advantage of this while we’re here!!!! We definitely hope to have lots of visitors!!!! (And that will help keep me from getting homesick!!!) And it’s never too soon. Actually I’m doing nothing most of the time now, so would be totally free if people come. As time goes on, I may actually be working more. Starting over the summer, there’s a chance I could work some on campus. There’s always a chance I could teach next school year too…but who knows…Anyway, just check the time with us before booking the flights. (The only times that wouldn’t be good are right before exams, which happen once a month approx.)
This morning was the welcome breakfast for the spouses. There were a bunch of people there!!!! It was fun and great to meet everyone!!! Someone took a pic of us all and plans to email us later I believe. I’ll try to post it at some point. All the girls have these cute little sundresses. I definitely don’t have the right kind of clothes for here. Shopping trip?!?!? (Yeah right, I’m a bargain shopper even at home…it would kill me to pay the prices here. Guess I’ll have to wait for the next trip home and then go!)
So I was laying on the bed (right in front of the huge fan) typing this and chatting with Mom and Sara. Then the electricity went out!!!!! No fan, no internet, no phone since phone runs through internet. So they probably wondered what in the world happened to me. This is a pretty normal thing here apparently…oh well, I’ll post when it’s back on!
congrats Phillip!
ReplyDelete