Thursday January 8, 2009
Happy Birthday Dad!!!! I called home this morning to wish Dad a Happy Birthday! It was so nice to talk to Mom and Dad!!! I really miss being able to call people!!!!! Hopefully I’ll get to more soon though! I think days like this will be the hardest to be away…knowing that we’re supposed to be there celebrating with loved ones!!
Well, today was certainly an interesting day!!! While Phillip was in class, I spent the day with Jane again. We left around lunch time and went to a pier where there are lots of little shops. We looked around in a couple shops, then decided to have lunch at a little restaurant there. (She’d never been to this one before.) I couldn’t believe it when I saw they had banana daiquiris!!! I was so excited! I haven’t had one since my first trip to Puerto Rico, when I wasn’t even 21 yet! (drinking age there is lower!) I couldn’t find them anywhere at home! It was soooo good! I ordered a salmon sandwich. Sounds harmless right? Wrong…it was RAW, smoked salmon. Boy was I shocked!!!!!!!!!!! It actually wasn’t bad though and I did eat half of it. The other half, I picked off the salmon and ate the veggie sandwich that was left. I gave Jane that part of the salmon to add to her salad. She likes it and said that her husband orders it quite often here. Definitely interesting!!!!
Then we went to Calmos, to the beach where she finds sea glass! We found tons today! It was so much fun, wading in the ocean looking for it. We had our swimsuits on too, so decided to go for a swim. It’s a really nice beach there! We found lots more sea glass while swimming because we could get pieces that were out a little deeper. Sea glass really fascinates me…it’s so smooth! There are no sharp edges left. They’re all worn smooth from the years of being tossed around in the ocean. Most pieces are green. But you can also find brown, clear, and sometimes even bright blue. Blue and red are really hard to find though. When we left, I bet we had at least 10 pounds of it!!!! Soooo cool!!! I think I’m obsessed…I’d do this every day if I could! (Apparently one big piece of sea glass sells in the U.S. for like 20 dollars…that’s crazy!)
Happy Birthday, Dad! Love ya!!!!
Happy Birthday Dad!!!! I called home this morning to wish Dad a Happy Birthday! It was so nice to talk to Mom and Dad!!! I really miss being able to call people!!!!! Hopefully I’ll get to more soon though! I think days like this will be the hardest to be away…knowing that we’re supposed to be there celebrating with loved ones!!
Well, today was certainly an interesting day!!! While Phillip was in class, I spent the day with Jane again. We left around lunch time and went to a pier where there are lots of little shops. We looked around in a couple shops, then decided to have lunch at a little restaurant there. (She’d never been to this one before.) I couldn’t believe it when I saw they had banana daiquiris!!! I was so excited! I haven’t had one since my first trip to Puerto Rico, when I wasn’t even 21 yet! (drinking age there is lower!) I couldn’t find them anywhere at home! It was soooo good! I ordered a salmon sandwich. Sounds harmless right? Wrong…it was RAW, smoked salmon. Boy was I shocked!!!!!!!!!!! It actually wasn’t bad though and I did eat half of it. The other half, I picked off the salmon and ate the veggie sandwich that was left. I gave Jane that part of the salmon to add to her salad. She likes it and said that her husband orders it quite often here. Definitely interesting!!!!
Then we went to Calmos, to the beach where she finds sea glass! We found tons today! It was so much fun, wading in the ocean looking for it. We had our swimsuits on too, so decided to go for a swim. It’s a really nice beach there! We found lots more sea glass while swimming because we could get pieces that were out a little deeper. Sea glass really fascinates me…it’s so smooth! There are no sharp edges left. They’re all worn smooth from the years of being tossed around in the ocean. Most pieces are green. But you can also find brown, clear, and sometimes even bright blue. Blue and red are really hard to find though. When we left, I bet we had at least 10 pounds of it!!!! Soooo cool!!! I think I’m obsessed…I’d do this every day if I could! (Apparently one big piece of sea glass sells in the U.S. for like 20 dollars…that’s crazy!)
Happy Birthday, Dad! Love ya!!!!
It is very hard to be away from family on birthdays and holidays! I would say it gets easier but well you have heard how much I hate being aways during those times. Love ya!
ReplyDelete