Friday, January 30, 2009

Girls' Night!!!

First of all, cable came back on last night in time for CSI! We were very excited about that!!

This morning, it had been raining, but I’d heard that the girls go for walks rain or shine. So I decided I didn’t care if I got rained on, and took off toward our meeting spot. Halfway there, it started raining. I reminded myself that I didn’t care if I got wet, and kept walking toward the meeting spot, wondering if people would actually be there or not. I got a little closer and could see that there was no one there. I was a few minutes early, but figured some would be there by that time on a normal day. I could have waited around to see, but it was raining harder so I RAN home! Haha! I read for about an hour, then went to the gym on campus. I walked a mile on the treadmill, jogged a mile, and then walked another mile. Then I did some crunches and used a couple of the machines. Fun stuff!

Charles called today!!! He met Phillip, jumped the car, and took it with him to fix. (I’ll be saying lots of prayers that it actually works this time!!!!!!)

This afternoon, Heather and I went to the pool for a couple hours. Heather is a 5th semester spouse who lives next door. :-) It was nice and relaxing at the pool and fun hanging out with Heather!

A couple of girls from Phillip’s classes asked him this morning if I’d like to join them for a girls’ night tonight! (I had met them at the beach a few days ago.) Then one sent me a message inviting me. I thought that was so nice!!! There were 6 of us girls total. We went to a restaurant called Lal’s Indian Cuisine. I’d never had Indian food before. It was soooo good! I had fried rice and curry chicken. And we shared an appetizer and some orders of Nan (flat bread) and yogurt sauce to dip the Nan in. Delicious!!!! I believe it was my best island meal yet and I was absolutely stuffed afterwards! I had a lot of fun with the girls!!!! They’re all super nice! Poor Phillip was stuck at home studying, but he was excited that I got to go with them. (And especially excited that I’d get to try some “weird” food, which I love, and he wouldn’t have to go with me! Haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment