Saturday, January 24, 2009

Healthier Here!

I walked to campus at noon today to meet a spouse who gave me some books to read!!! Hooray! She seems really nice, and it turns out that we’re neighbors!!! Fun!

Phillip and I went to the beach for an hour or so today. It was a good study break for him. Then I came back and enjoyed our pool for awhile. This evening, Phillip is in lab studying with some people from his lab group. I’ve been lazy, reading all evening! It is so nice to have a good book to read again! I did iron some clothes that had air dried (they’re always too wrinkled when they air dry) and then washed out some more clothes by hand, so at least I got something accomplished!

I have decided that I am healthier here! My skin is no longer dry and my fingernails no longer split! Pretty exciting! We also eat less junk food here and exercise more! And best of all - NO MORE ALLERGIES!!!! I’ve been getting allergy shots for the past year and 7 months – 2 shots every week! Plus I took Singulair every day. That medicine is for allergies, but is also frequently prescribed for asthma. I’ve been taking it for years. I have also thought for years that I have asthma. I have been tested, and they said no. But whenever I missed just three days of taking the Singulair, I’d really have problems breathing. It just felt like air wasn’t getting to my lungs and often lasted several minutes. It’s a scary feeling. Anyway, the doc said I’d longer need my allergy shots here and maybe not even the medicine. However, I figured I’d need the medicine because of asthma! I was completely convinced that I had it. Now I have decided I was wrong. I believe it was just an allergy attack, not asthma. I haven’t taken Singulair for about 2 and a half weeks and I have absolutely no problems breathing!!!! It’s amazing! VERY EXCITING!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! I didn't need allery pills for my first 3 years here...I guess my body got used to the Colorado stuff and now they're back..eww

    ReplyDelete